[Experiencemaillist] Invitation: Usability School 20y

Ahola Markus markus.ahola at aalto.fi
Thu Jun 21 12:55:37 EEST 2018

Invitation: Usability School 20y

On 27.8.1998, three wise men from three universities signed a co-operation contract to start a joint minor program on usability and user interfaces. The minor was called Käytettävyyskoulu, Usability School. Years went by, new courses came in when the old courses disappeared. When the field expanded to user experiences and increasingly international students joined, the minor was renamed to USchool, covering the u-words usability, user interfaces, user-centered design and user experience.

This year, USchool turns 20 years, and we decided to have a minor celebration for the longest-lived minor that we know of. We would be extremely happy to meet you there with other alumnis and teachers!

USchool 20y
27.8.2018  15:00
Harald Herlin Learning Center, downstairs, Otaniementie 9

The program will include short statements by the alumni and teachers, after which we can have a glass of sparkling, snacks and chat with the old and the new USchoolers.

Please register<https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/FA5022D1A7F24519> by August 17!

Since we don’t have everyone’s contact information, please help us spread the word among the alumni and other USchool fans!

                Marko Nieminen, Aalto School of Science (USchool chair)
                Virpi Roto, Aalto School of Arts, Design and Architecture
                Otto Lappi, Helsinki University