[Experiencemaillist] [INVITATION] The Branded Self

Ahola Markus markus.ahola at aalto.fi
Fri Jan 18 09:23:44 EET 2019

THE BRANDED SELF

Welcome to Aalto University Experience Platform’s event on self-branding

TIME
Fri 15 February 2019
13:00 – 16:00

VENUE
Espoo City Theatre, Revontulentie 8, 02100 Espoo<https://goo.gl/maps/X2tgLdUFBnp>

We love sharing and liking the cool things our friends have done. In the 21st century, it is these experiences that define us. Your own brand is your best asset!
We warmly invite you to the side event of FLASH FLASH – two deaths of andy warhol<https://espoonteatteri.fi/en/performances/flash-flash/>  to celebrate Pop icon Andy Warhol’s ever-lasting brand and discover how people build their personal brands in the digital world. What are the things no one has ever told us about self-branding? We shall take a closer look at them all with our speakers. Registration though this link latest on Friday 8.2.2019: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/EP/A19E6B5B37E4AFA8

The networking event is free of charge and organized in collaboration with Aalto University Experience Platform<https://experience.aalto.fi/>, Espoo City Theatre<https://espoonteatteri.fi/in-english/about-us/>, and MiklagardArts<http://www.miklagardarts.com/>.

A pop icon and the “Nostradamus” of the end of times, Andy Warhol was one of the most significant and prolific figures of his time, and his legacy lives on in today’s society.

Composer Juhani Nuorvala and librettist Juha Siltanen’s opera, FLASH FLASH, is a portrait of the American artist Andy Warhol – a lonely man surrounded by the masses. It is an incandescent requiem that mirrors Warhol’s work in serenity and passion, religious art and pornography, trash and diamonds. We watch “the modern man”s flirt with destruction and death. In in a bottomless hunger for strong effects and luxury, he fills life with voyeurism, cheap melodrama, buying and selling. All presented in a gilded frame: the world of opera or opera as the world.

Confirmed speakers:
Heli Vaaranen<http://www.helivaaranen.com/maalaistytto-maailmannainen-mielipidevaikuttaja/> (event host), Sociologist, Family Federation of Finland
Lily Diaz-Kommonen<https://people.aalto.fi/lily.diaz>, Professor and Head of Research, Department of Media, Aalto-University
Henri Weijo<https://people.aalto.fi/henri.weijo>, Professor, Department of Marketing, Aalto-University
Talayeh Aledavood<https://people.aalto.fi/talayeh.aledavood>, Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki and Visiting Researcher, Department of Computer Science, Aalto-University

More information and updated program: https://experience.aalto.fi/branded/<https://experience.aalto.fi/?p=3987&preview=true>

You can share this invitation in your networks!

Best,
Markus