[Experiencemaillist] Experience Research Society and the latest updates in the networking activities around experience research

Vainio Teija teija.vainio at aalto.fi
Wed May 5 13:07:41 EEST 2021

Dear Aalto Experience Platform fans,

We have had great time with you over the three past years, and are pleased to inform you of the latest updates in the networking activities around experience research.

Short summary:
Due to the developments explained below, we will soon stop using the Experience Platform email list. You have two options to continue following the multidisciplinary experience research activities, see the numbered items below.

Longer summary:
First, Aalto University has merged the operations of Digi, Energy, Materials, Health, Living+, Experience and Entrepreneurship platforms to a joint Aalto Networking Platform. In line with Aalto's new strategy, the Networking Platform supports research collaboration across disciplines. It continues organizing events that bring together people from different disciplines with common interest in the event's theme.

Second, based on the success of Experience Platform and the international 7 Experiences Summit we organized last September, we have been preparing a global network of experience researchers. Experiences are studied in manifold fields, and we can learn a lot from the theories and methods from other disciplines. While we are not happy about Covid-19, it did make it possible to attract hundreds of people to the first global multidisciplinary event, 7X Summit, which has enabled us to reach an impressive number of people around the world and across disciplines to join the society preparations. Thanks for those of you who have been participating!

Your options to continue following us:

1. Join the Experience Research Society to follow and attend the experience research -related activities and discussions. We expect to get the society up and running before the summer holidays, almost 20 international expert volunteers are working on it. We are very proud to be able to work on such high impact initiative, started and chaired by the Experience Platform team. So we hope many of you will join the fun!

Indicate your interest in the society at Experience Research Society - Aalto Experience Platform<https://experience.aalto.fi/experience-research-society/>, so we will keep you informed

2. Follow  the Aalto Networking Platform to get information on the coming multidisciplinary events in Aalto. There will be events on topics covering a wide range of Aalto's seven key research areas: ICT and digitalisation, materials, art and design, business, energy solutions, living environments, and health and wellbeing. Each of these are highly topical and experience research relates to all of them. We warmly welcome you to join!

See more information at Aalto Networking Platform | Aalto University<https://www.aalto.fi/en/aalto-networking-platform>

We hope to see you on both forums, but it is naturally up to you to decide.

                Virpi Roto, Markus Ahola and Teija Vainio
                Experience Platform team at Aalto University