[Experiencemaillist] After-work, artist-guided tour of Pilvi Takala's exhibition @Kiasma - sign up now!

Moisander Johanna johanna.moisander at aalto.fi
Tue Sep 11 11:27:09 EEST 2018

Dear Colleague,

We invite you to join us in an exciting artist-guided tour of Pilvi Takala’s new exhibition 'Second Shift' at Kiasma on Thursday September 27, starting at 4.00 PM.

https://kiasma.fi/en/exhibitions/pilvi-takala/

We’ll meet in Kiasma (ticket counter) at 3.50 PM, and Pilvi has kindly offered to give us a tour of the exhibition in about 60 minutes.

Kiasma Café is open until 8.30 PM, so after visiting the exhibition, we also have an opportunity to sit down and continue our discussion over a cup of tea or a glass of wine (at your own cost). Pilvi will also join us.

If you are interested in participating in this ‘after-work Aalto BIZ artistic activity event,’ please sign up right away! (Or by September 20th 2018 at the latest.)

Sign up: Johanna.moisander at aalto.fi<mailto:Johanna.moisander at aalto.fi>

Welcome!

Johanna

Pilvi Takala: Second Shift

24.08.2018- 17.02.2019, Admission 10/12€

Pilvi Takala is one of the most successful new-generation artists in Finland. Second Shift is an exhibition featuring six of her video works dating from the past decade.

The unwritten rules of communities are a recurring theme in the art of Takala, therefore the dynamics of work environments often provide the setting for her work.

Takala infiltrates various communities by posing undercover. Through quietly challenging their accepted behaviours, she uncovers and renegotiates what is deemed appropriate. Her works examine how we deal with implicit rules and unspoken boundaries; and how we may express consent with and without words.

Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma
Mannerheiminaukio 2, FIN-00100
Helsinki, Finland

***

Dr. Johanna Moisander
Professor, Department of Management Studies
Aalto University School of Business
P.O. Box 21210
00076 AALTO, Finland

Email: johanna.moisander at aalto.fi<mailto:johanna.moisander at aalto.fi>